Book 3 - Lord of the Flies

Monday, October 31, 2011

| | |
Book 3 of my literary adventure is Lord of the Flies, by William Golding. I remembered that I had read this book in high school, and from what I could remember I really hadn't liked it. Nonetheless, I still wanted to reread it to see if my feelings regarding this novel would change. Upon my second time reading it, I realized that most people have probably read it during their high school years since it seems to be a classic.

Lord of the Flies is a story about a group of young British boys that find themselves stranded on a desert island after a plane crash. They are left to fend for themselves until a possible rescue comes. As one young boy named Ralph is voted Chief, a plethora of feelings arise out of the group of boys: jealousy, anger, hope, savagery, freedom, despair and vengeance, in no particular order. The human nature is the topic of interest in this book since it is constantly at the forefront of all occurring events. Albeit I found the novel as a whole to be readable and quite enjoyable at times, for some inexplicable reason I did not really like it. I don't know why exactly, but there's something missing. Maybe I'll find out what that is sooner of later. Perhaps the general weirdness of the story made me doubt its credibility...

My Rating: Terrible < Poor < Acceptable < Good < Very Good < Excellent

0 comments:

Post a Comment